Tools sharpening can give back to a punch all features as first purchased, but the machine that should be used for regrinding tool is also very import…
Are your tools sharpened?
WHEN TO REGRIND: 3 BASIC INDICATORS
- Monitor the cutting edge: When there is a radius of 0.15 mm it
is time to regrind. If a punch can shave your finger nail it is
sharp, if it cannot it needs re-grinding.
- Monitor the punching noise: If the punch press is making more
noise when punching a particular tool than it normally does,
the tool’s cutting edge may be dull.
- Monitor holes and slugs quality.
- Tools sharpening can give back to a punch all characteristics as first purchased.
- We can get more than double of the hits compared to a punch not sharpened.
- Flatter sheets
- Less noise
- Less stress on tool and machine
- Increased holes quality
- Tools lasting longer
- Reducing new tools purchasing amount.