Punching non-metallic or plastic materials
You may need to punch new materials that are non-metals or plastic, that require some different settings and attentions compared to standard materials.
- Punches and dies should be extremely sharp;
- Reduce die clearance, no more than 10% of the material thickness (even less);
- Use Lubricant when punching hard plastic (if possible);
- Reduce Machine speed and check if tools have stripping issues;
- If punching abrasive or fiber reinforced material (eg.plexiglass),use coated or special steel punches;
- Use urethane pads for avoid marking on sensitive material;
- Support thin material With combi material, evaluate more spare parts due to the adhesive layer (eg. cardboard).